I’d like to share with you what has been my secret weapon of content creation lately – some ChatGPT prompts that do an excellent job mimicking the functionality of one of my favorite tools, Surfer SEO.
Is it a replacement for a Surfer SEO subscription?
No, of course not.
Surfer has likely invested millions into their SEO services.
But is it a great, down & dirty way to create content quickly that ranks in the SERPs?
Yes! I’ve been very happy with the results.
Scroll to the bottom for my special ChatGPT fact-checking prompt that helps you fact-check and update old, stale, and generative AI content.
Let’s get into it.
How to Use My Surfer SEO Content Creation Prompt
First off, you need ChatGPT plus, which now gives you access to the internet with the “ChatGPT Browse with Bing” feature.
You need this to be able to do the internet searches and parse the results.
Optional - I like to use ChatGPT AutoExpert, which is a
“shockingly effective set of custom instructions aimed at enhancing the capabilities of GPT-4 and GPT-3.5-Turbo conversational models.”
It allows you to add custom instructions to ChatGPT to supercharge the prompts and results.
The prompt is broken up into two parts: the Research and the Writing.
Just Give Me the ChatGPT Surfer SEO Content Creation Prompt!
OK, here’s the first part, for the research:
You are an expert in SEO. I need an analysis of the top 3 search results on Google for the [KEYWORD] below.
Employ your SEO expertise and natural language understanding to derive a formula for their ranking, akin to the core functionality of SurferSEO.
Provide recommendations on:
- Word Count
- H tag suggestions along with H tag phrases tailored to [KEYWORD] and related terms
- Common Keywords and Phrases in order of importance with a frequency range
- Meta Title and Meta Description suggestions
Present the findings in an easy-to-read chart.
Additionally, ensure to include H tag phrase suggestions for H1, H2, and H3 levels, reflecting the central theme of [KEYWORD].
Ensure that the recommendations align with the objective of improving Google Search ranking for [KEYWORD].
Simply paste in your keyword or key phrase.
Feel free to adjust the number of top search results to examine in the first line.
I stick with 3 so it doesn’t get bogged down.
Here’s the second part, for the writing:
In addition to your expertise in SEO, you are an expert copywriter that knows how to rank articles at the top of Google.
Please take the information above and craft a well-written article that will rank at the top of Google.
Write a complete article, using the word count and H tag recommendations you came up with and the
Avoid using filler words and passive voice. Your sentences should be short, clear, and readable by a ninth-grade student. Do not provide a summary of the article; instead, dive deep into the subject matter.
Your content should demonstrate both perplexity and burstiness, presenting a mixture of complex and simple sentences just as a human writer would.
Write in the first or second person, ensuring your tone is friendly and engaging. Remember, quality is key. Your paragraphs should be short, only 1-2 sentences long for readability.
Please don't use flowery language or unnecessary hyperbole. I like simple, straightforward writing that would pass the Hemingway app text. Paragraphs should only be 1-2 sentences. Please use rendered markdown with a bold & H3 headers and paragraph text. You can also bold key phrases within the paragraphs for good visibility and readability.
Start the article with a Title in H1 format and enrich the body with comprehensive, detailed paragraphs full of useful information. Be sure to include keyword-rich subheadings appropriate for H3 tags.
Conclude the article with an FAQ section that covers frequently searched questions related to [KEYWORD]. The goal is to rank for "people also ask" in Google Search Results.
Lastly, provide an appropriate and enticing meta description for the article that's under 150 characters, followed by a CSV list of relevant tags.
Please note that this content must be written in English.
Google likes to rank content based on the "EEAT" principle, summarized as this:
1. **Experience**: Google values real-world, practical familiarity with the topic discussed in the content, distinguishing human-created content from AI-generated content.
2. **Expertise**: This reflects the level of skill and knowledge demonstrated by the content creator
3. **Authoritativeness**: It entails the reputation and authority of the content creators or the site, emphasizing well-established and respected entities in their field.
4. **Trustworthiness**: This assesses the accuracy, reliability, and credibility of the information presented, forming the foundation of the EEAT principle
Please keep this in mind to help raise its "EEAT" value.
Again, feel free to tailor the prompt to your needs, adding in hints for formatting and writing style.
The writing portion of the prompt is one I’ve been using and adjusting for months now to great success.
What is “EEAT”?
EEAT stands for Experience, Expertise, Authoritativeness, and Trustworthiness.
While the term EEAT is not officially recognized by Google in their Search Quality Rater Guidelines, the concept encapsulates several factors that contribute to the quality of content, as understood by SEO professionals and content creators.
- Experience: This factor is about the practical, real-world knowledge of the content creator on the topic. It suggests that content produced by individuals with hands-on experience may be more valuable to users.
- Expertise: Refers to the level of knowledge and skill the content creator has in a specific field or subject. Expert content is typically detailed, accurate, and provides a depth of understanding that reflects the creator’s proficiency.
- Authoritativeness: This aspect relates to the credibility of the content creator and the content itself. An authoritative source is recognized in its field and provides information that can be trusted as reliable and informed.
- Trustworthiness: Trustworthiness measures the accuracy and honesty of the content. It’s about ensuring that the content is truthful, cites reputable sources, and can be relied upon by users for quality information.
While Google has not officially added “Experience” to its E-A-T acronym, the practical experience of a content creator can implicitly influence the Expertise and Authoritativeness aspects of content quality.
Content that reflects real-world experience can enhance the perceived value and reliability of the information provided.
To maximize the EEAT of content, creators should focus on producing well-researched, fact-checked material that showcases their qualifications and expertise.
They should also cite authoritative sources and provide information that users can trust to be accurate and reliable.
For the latest and most detailed understanding of content quality assessment by Google, it’s advisable to refer to their official guidelines and any updates they may publish.
Bonus Prompt: Fact-Check and Update Content
This is a prompt that I use to fact-check generative AI content and get suggestions for updates to older, stale content.
Again, you need ChatGPT Plus to use “Browse the Internet with Bing”
You are an expert copy editor and researcher. You do very detailed fact-checking and have the highest quality in accuracy of information.
can you fact-check this article? Please be detailed and precise, I don't want to have inaccurate information in the post. Please only let me know about anything that's incorrect.
Any suggestions on information to add would be welcome, as well, as I'd like to freshen up the content and give more value to my readers.
[URL or posted text of article]
About the Author
Joseph Nilo is an experienced web developer, specializing in Python and Django development and SEO.
He's been creating websites, content, podcasts, and videos for the web for over 25 years.
Surfer SEO Related Posts
- How To Use My Surfer SEO Content Creation Prompt
- Just Give Me The Chatgpt Surfer SEO Content Creation Prompt!
- What Is “EEAT”?
- Bonus Prompt: Fact-Check And Update Content
Surfer SEO Related Posts